SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, INDIRECT TAX
We are seeking an experienced Indirect Tax Manager to manage all aspects of compliance, planning, and controversy/audit matters for sales & use tax, property tax and other indirect taxes.
- Work with internal teams and external service providers to file sales and use tax returns and property tax returns across all U.S. states, with emphasis in California, Texas, Washington and Florida
- Manage Thomson Reuters OneSource and work with various finance teams to charge and collect sales tax, VAT and GST in all states and across the world
- Work with external advisors on VAT/GST implications
- Work with vendors and internal purchasing teams on sales & use tax matters, including claiming various exemptions or abatements
- Manage indirect tax audits, refund filings and coordinate responses to various tax authorities
- Prepare monthly tax accruals, journal entries and related supporting documentation and related balance sheet reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax or finance
- 5+ years of work experience as an indirect tax professional in public accounting or at a large multinational company
- 3+ years of experience working with sales and use tax software (Thomson Reuters OneSource preferred)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge/experience with VAT/GST
- Experience with property tax assessment
- Experience working across multiple states and multiple countries
- Sales and use tax experience in the telecom industry
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Hawthorne, CA