SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX recently launched Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation that will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. The company is seeking to add a Tax Analyst as it expands its domestic and international footprint. The Tax Analyst will work on the company’s international and domestic tax matters including coordination with various service providers for local country tax planning and compliance, VAT and indirect tax matters, as well financial reporting for our international operations.
- Coordinate with local country tax service providers for filing of foreign direct and indirect tax returns
- Coordinate new country openings (tax and VAT registrations, Form 8832s, SS-4s, etc.)
- Work with external tax advisors in completing and reviewing US international tax compliance forms (e.g., Forms 5471, 8858, 1118, etc.)
- Prepare and/or review detailed tax information requests of supporting the U.S. Federal and state income tax returns
- Assist in the quarterly and annual income tax provision and related footnotes disclosures under US GAAP, as well as coordinate any local country statutory account filings
- Communicate and coordinate with other business groups regarding tax impacts of international business strategies
- Prepare and maintain tax calendar for corporate income tax, business licenses, foreign direct and indirect returns and other related filings, as well as assist in various administrative matters
- Assist in various department needs
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax or finance
- 2+ years of tax experience in public accounting or at a large multinational company
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- CPA preferred
- Experience with general corporate tax compliance and consulting
- Exposure to ASC 740
- Exposure to VAT/indirect taxes
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Hawthorne, CA