LINAK U.S. Inc. is a global leader in the design and production of electric linear actuator systems. Our products are used in various industries including medical, agriculture, industrial automation, furniture, construction, and other great industries. Our North and South American headquarters where we have both Sales and Manufacturing divisions is located in Louisville, Kentucky.
Our mission as a company is straightforward: We provide products that improve people’s quality of life and working environment.
LINAK U.S. Inc. offers a great work environment and challenging career opportunities. As a company, we operate by a set of values that are deeply rooted in the organization.
We as a company value:
•The Will to Change
•Loyalty, Openness and honesty
•Enthusiasm and Individual Efficiency
•Job Satisfaction and Helpfulness
The Powder Coating Technician is responsible for actively leading a team in proper powder coating application to meet customer specifications. At a production level, maintains pre-treatment equipment, automatic spray booths, ovens and powder gun applicators. Prepares work to be accomplished by studying work instructions, work order deliveries, blueprint specifications, and parts lists. Uses system gauges, industry measurement techniques and equipment operation to prevent/detect defects or deviations from standard specifications, and adjusts as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Daily Direction and Priorities: Facilities Manager
Systems Responsible: Facilities Manager
- Accountable for team usage of standard concepts, practices and procedures to ensure safety, quality, delivery and production demands are met.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas
- Ability to conduct on-the-job and skills training.
- Cross-train in other production areas, as well as on a forklift
- Assist with RCA of department inefficiencies, developing and implementing corrections
- Maintains powder system TPM schedule
- Conduct dimensional, cosmetic, and functional statistical process control inspections based on control plan requirements to meet & maintain quality standards.
- Perform regular light duty corrective and preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Develops and promotes team involvement and interaction to improve equipment functionality and improved efficiencies.
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Any other duties that may be assigned
The Powder Coating Technician will work in support of and in conjunction with the operations execution teams, technical personnel and under the direction of the Facilities Manager. Candidate must perform in a responsible and efficient manner the techniques and tasks that are assigned.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Have a minimum of 2+ years in powder coating and surface preparation of components prior to powder coating with technical/leadership
- Have knowledge of paint/coating system controls, delivery systems and quality control monitoring systems associated with painting/coating processes.
- Have good communication skills (oral and written)
- Be goal oriented with a focus to reduce equipment downtime, prolonging asses life cycles, optimizing performance and increasing production efficiencies.
- Be familiar with various internal systems
- Be familiar with equipment for standard business operations such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel and personal computer operation.
- Uphold LINAK values as an employee of LINAK U.S. Inc.
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check, Basic Skills, Education and Drug Testing
The benefits of employment at LINAK include: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Plan with Company Contribution, Teladoc, Tuition Reimbursement, Special Incentive Plans, Onsite Workout Room and climate controlled environment.
Location/Region: Louisville, KY (US)